O.K., after being told a few times that we should start a blog, we have. It seems as though we have things going on all the time that we would like to share, but get sidetracked and forget. Maybe if we can just jot some notes in a blog on a regular basis we can keep everyone up to date outside of just Facebook. Believe it or not, there are still family and friends out there who refuse to participate with the social networking sites. We still love them though.
It seems as though I have Baby Marley and Baby Ryland on the brain these days and I don't leave much room for anything else. I think it is almost all that goes through my mind. I'm not saying that those are not wonderful thoughts to occupy my time, but I also have to remember how to write and speak in complete sentences when I talk to adults, which is much different than my typical baby sentences with a funny voice. I do seem to spend much of my day smiling and trying to get a response out of Ryland and singing folk songs, but I'm having fun. It is probably best considering my limited thought capabilities right now.
Ryland is doing amazing. He turns 8-weeks old this coming Thursday and I think he has finally started catching up on his weight. As a matter of fact, I think he is growing like a weed. Afton takes him back to his pediatrician on the 10th and we are excited to see his update. He really is an amazing little boy. I never thought he would bring as much joy and love to our family as he has. Adam and i like to call him "Baby Kryptonite" because it seems as though whatever we are doing he can make us stop in our tracks and just sit there and stare at him. He has learned to smile and is trying so hard to communicate with sounds. Afton is working now and I babysit him during the day and we have a great time together, but he totally loves it when his mommy comes walking in that door. It doesn't matter how tired or cranky he may get, his whole demeanor alters when she comes home. Next on that happy smiling list is his Grandpa Adam. They already have a special bond and can stare at each for amazing lengths of time. I can already see what a special relationship they will have through the years. Of course he loves his grandma too, but I'm sure he is ready for a change of pace/face by the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment